Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Grave Situation - Inspired by Dylan Thomas

I wish I had a pun for this situation.
Everyone is so serious and it’s making me nervous.
Don’t you want to hear a joke for this grave cremation?


Yes, I’ll contribute to the familial donation,
And of course I’ll attend the woeful church service,
But I really wish I had a pun for this situation.


I hardly knew the man; I was on a long vacation,
So I won’t cry when the old guy gets put in the furnace.
Oh come on, don’t you want to hear a joke for this grave cremation?


I don’t appreciate your apathy accusations.
I simply don’t enjoy an emotional catharsis
And I wish I had a pun for this situation.


Why can’t death be a fun celebration?
Let’s focus on his life, not my supposed neurosis.
Now don’t you want to hear a joke for this grave cremation?


Worship his work for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Or the crazy way he talked about his dog being anthropomorphous.
I just wish I had a pun for this situation.
Don’t you want to hear a joke for this grave cremation?

No comments:

Post a Comment